WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Fantastic Beasts VR Sweepstakes
To participate in the “Fantastic Beasts VR Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”), you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
- Sponsor: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc., 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 160, Burbank, CA 91522 (“Sponsor”).
- Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 440 Ninth Ave., 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001 (“Administrator”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) at time of entry and have internet access/valid e-mail address as of October 4, 2018. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, NBCUniversal Media, LLC, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the Fantastic Beasts movie and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to participate or win any prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household Members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal residency upon request prior to prize award. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Sweepstakes Schedule: Sweepstakes begins on or about 9:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 5, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 1, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes entry: Navigate the internet to www.fantasticbeastsvrsweepstakes.com (the “Website”) and complete the online entry form. You will be asked to provide your full name, email address, and date of birth. To submit your entry, click the “Submit” button on the Sweepstakes page. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor or Administrator of such entry. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute a representation by Sponsor or Administrator as to eligibility of entry.
Limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address per day during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of the number of e-mail addresses or accounts a person may have. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. (midnight) ET and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. ET (except for the first day of the Sweepstakes Period [10/5/18], which begins at 9:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET). Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts may result in disqualification of all entries by such person or e-mail address. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties, are prohibited.
- Sweepstakes Random Drawing and Odds: Potential winners will be randomly selected on or about December 3, 2018 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent organization whose decisions (along with those of Sponsor) are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning.
- Winner Notification: The potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or about December 3, 2018. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential winners will be required to sign and return within three (3) business days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification (“Affidavit”), a tax acknowledgment form and a Publicity Release where allowed by law. If the Affidavit, tax acknowledgment form and Publicity Release (where allowed by law) are not returned to Sponsor within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified. If a potential winner (of any prize) is disqualified for any reason, potential winner’s prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Prizes* and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (5 winners):Each winner will receive one (1) Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB phone (ARV: $600.00); one (1) Samsung Gear VR with Controller (ARV: $129.99); the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them VR Experience (ARV: $9.99); and $50.00 to be used towards a mobile data plan or otherwise (to be awarded in the form of a gift card; use of such gift card is subject to terms/conditions as indicated thereon). ARV of each Grand Prize: $789.98.
Total ARV of All Prizes: $3,949.90.
*Used for prize identification purposes only. No endorsement or sponsorship is intended or implied by such use. Third party entities' trademarks are used herein solely for prize identification purposes; such entities have NOT sponsored or endorsed the Sweepstakes in any respect. Third party entities’ are not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
- Additional Prize Restrictions: Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household. Any costs and incidentals not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. No substitution or transfer of prize except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize or prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding for any reason. Any images of prizes/prize components in advertising are for illustrative purposes only and actual items awarded as prizes/prize components may differ from such images. Exact color of product to be determined by Sponsor at time of awarding prize. Grand Prize must be accepted by winner with all prize components (as described above). Prizes will only be delivered to street address within the United States. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting actual total value of prize
- Limitations of Liability: Sponsor and its agencies (including Administrator) are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to human, typographical, printing or electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or disqualify any individual who tampers with (or attempts to tamper with) the entry process/operation of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof). In such event, Sponsor shall conduct the Sweepstakes and make the prizes available from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile phone/device (or data/information stored thereon) related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE(S) OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- Additional Conditions of Participation: By participating, participants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, NBCUniversal Media, LLC, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"") from any and all actions, claims, injury, death, loss or damage to person(s) or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of prize. By participating, participants also authorize the Sponsor and its designees to use the participant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winners’ list (if applicable) without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation.
EXCEPT FOR SPONSOR’S OWN PRODUCT THAT MAY BE COVERED BY A WARRANTY (AND, IN SUCH CASE, THE WARRANTY SHALL BE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO ITS TERMS), SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE (OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or an appropriate California State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Winners’ List: For the names of the winners, mail a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Fantastic Beasts VR Sweepstakes Winners”, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 Ninth Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001, no later than 12/31/18.
© 2018 Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.